Monday, February 9, 2009

One More Idea

I love the topics below, and I'm especially interested in the Millenials as hipster tree-huggers given our recent in-class discussion on their journalistic values. How do these attitudes relate to the environmental movement at large? The potential for sources is obviously incredible here at the University. My sense is that making it timely could mean making the history meet the contemporary. Even within a singular environmental organization, such as Thorne Ecological Institute here in Boulder (who doesn't love Oak Thorne?), viewpoints and issues might be divergent depending on generation.

Another project idea I'd thought I'd throw out:

"Feeling the Climate Change at Altitude": Examining climate change "at altitude" meaning we could look at pine beetles, ski areas, alpine ecosystems and lakes, run-off/snowpack/water supply, INSTAAR, etc. It seems like a lot of our work could perhaps unite under this theme...And has excellent multi-media potential.

I'm also wondering how we can see who authors the posts? (This is Cassie)

No comments:

Post a Comment